I have a new site! If you aren't automatically redirected, please click here

Essence Glossy Lip Balm: Strawberry Cheesecake

Leave a Comment
Hey guys, what's up?

As you guys know, I have recently been trying hard to source for a brand of make-up and lipbalm that is both cheap and yet reliable and thus safe to use, when I came across the brands Essence and Catrice! Both are equally amazing, so I decided to give Essence Glossy Lip Balm a try!

They are really cheap considering the fact that other drugstore brands like Maybelline or Loreal are so much more costly! The Glossy Lipbalms are available at selected Watsons at ONLY S$2.50 each!

Such a good price right?

So how is the product like?
range of essence lip balms, photo credits 


Yes, Essence provides a WIDE rang of lip balms, and NO I didn't buy all the flavors they have. I googled and found this picture which made me go wow, because truth be told, all the flavors look interesting and attractive to me!

Essence Glossy Lipbalm, Strawberry Cheesecake
In the end, I picked strawberry cheesecake out of all the rest because it smelled the best out of all of them, and to me, the smell of lipbalm is very important because, hey, your lips are just beneath your nose! I don't think we can go on for that long smelling odd-chemical-ish smells!!

Personally, I also smelled Cherry Brownie and Mango Ice-cream and my opinions are as follows: I don't think the Mango Icecream smells anything like Mango Ice-cream, more like a slight tangy scent (unlike mango) and smelled faintly of chemicals...Bleargh, not too pleasant. Then, as for the Cherry Brownie, it smelled TOO MUCH like cherry...without brownies. I am not a huge fan of cherry, thus naturally I didn't get it either!

I am actually a HUGE fan of Mint Drops: I like anything minty and cooling, and would have gladly bought the Mint Drops one as well, but the Watsons I was at didn't have that flavor. Nor do they have Apple Pie or Berry Pies as testers for me to sniff at the smell so as for me to decide whether I should get it.

So here is how the Strawberry Shortcake one looks like:

Very pigmented and in a lovely pink shade!
Yes, I digitally brightened the photo because I don't like my photos dull and dingy. I also removed the freckle on my hand hehe, I don't really like it.

It is in a sparkly pink!

Here is how it looks like on the lips! Fyi, it is also artificially brightened because of my dimly lit room...and enhanced to make my skin look better. But the pink looks something like that. I like it, a lot!



It comes off generally easily if I rub at it with a cotton pad, but then it may be the fact that I accidentally applied too much! But to me, I like lip-balms that are relatively easy to take off, just in case I feel like I am wearing too much and want to rub some off!

Overall, this is a good balm, especially at such a price (hey it is almost as cheap as Daiso!) and they have such a wide range for you to choose!

Have you tried Essence glossy lipbalms or any other Essence products yet? Share with us in the comments below or leave a link to your blog and we will share it with all!

Till next post, Cheers~~!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Do drop me a comment below about anything at all related to my blog and I will every effort to reply you at the first moment! Cheers and thank you for reading!