I have a new site! If you aren't automatically redirected, please click here

Japan: Sugar Rusk Cookies

Leave a Comment
 Food Review:)
Sugar Rusk cookies from Japan
Sugar rusk cookies aren't really cookies, I only call them that because I can't think of anything else to call them. The flavor that I was given is caramel pudding, and just the words themselves already made me salivate! Yum!

Japanese like to pack each one separately
 As per usual Japanese style, each sugar rusk biscuit is individually packaged in a frosted-edge clear wrapper, which increases its appeal even further. It gave the cookie an almost dreamy kind of presentation.


 Sugar rusk is actually like a dried kind of bread thing. Horrible method of description I know, but that's the closest I can get to. Singapore has this kind of cookie like bread too, but they aren't so beautifully packaged.


I was filled with so much expectations that the cookie itself was rather disappointing. I had expect it to be better than the cheap ones that I get at Singapore, but it was actually worse. No doubt, it was fragrant and had this touch of sweet caramel and rather coffee-like smell? But the taste itself was relatively bland, and sugar aside, I really couldn't taste anything too unique.

Not sure where you guys can buy this here, but it isn't really something that is overly awesome anyway~~ ^^

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Do drop me a comment below about anything at all related to my blog and I will every effort to reply you at the first moment! Cheers and thank you for reading!