I have a new site! If you aren't automatically redirected, please click here

Moroccan Argan Oil Skin Serum

Leave a Comment
Sponsored Review
Hi guys for this review, I will be separating the review into two posts: this one and one more later on to update you all on the effects of using this oil on various areas. I always believe for natural products like this one, we have to give it long periods of time for it to best showcase its benefits! :D
"Argan oil is produced from an Argan nut coming from Argan tree, which only grows in Southwestern Morocco. Local Berber women work in fair-trade cooperatives where they hand-crack the argan nuts in between two stones, a technique they’ve used for centuries. Instead of being put through a machine, the raw argan kernels are hand-extracted from the hard shell, hand-ground in a stone grinder, hand-kneaded for hours and first cold-pressed into the oil. It takes one woman three days to make just one liter of oil. This is why argan oil is so valuable."
Origin of Argan Moroccan Oil, extracted from MindBodyGreen

Seven Wonders Argan Moroccan Oil Skin Serum
I am not sure if you guys have heard of this Moroccan Argan Oil before, but I have once watched a documentary I think, and it said something about these oil being extracted manually, and if I didn't remember wrongly, the seeds have to pass through the some goats or something to be roasted "naturally" in their tummies. 

Generally, such oils are really really expensive because of the efforts taken to just obtain a small amount of the oil, as well as for its properties. 

Properties of Moroccan Argan Oil
Some of the properties of the Argan Moroccan Oil are shown in the picture above, and I think it is just me, but I really love the fact that it is made in Australia instead of suspicious places like China and Taiwan, because Australia to me is more trustworthy, and we can be assured that we are getting 100% pure Argan Moroccan Oil, and not some other bogus replacement made from chemicals.


I am really fortunate to be sponsored this product for review, because it is so expensive and as a student I would usually use my money on assessment books and tuition fees rather than such luxuries. But if you have the money, I would definitely recommend this to you because it is a pretty amazing product, and if you use it sparingly (like I do), you can probably extend the period of time you can use it for!


Basically for this oil, I am using it on two areas: my heels and my eyelashes (hehe xD), and I plan to stop wasting it on my heels soon to use it on my hair. After my recent hair cut where I got my hairdresser to thin out my hair, my hair has been like unbearably frizzy and almost nightmarish. I strongly believe that Argan oil is the solution to revitalizing my hair!


I am sorry that I have to hurt your eyes with a rather unsightly picture of my heel, but it is there to show you all the extent of my cracked and dry heels from wearing slippers and flats throughout the entire June Holidays. It might not look it, but it is really darn painful especially when the skin start peeling and I am silly enough to yank them out....like ouch!

Cotton pads! :3
Anyway I googled the uses of argan oil, primarily because when I was given this product I was absolutely clueless on how to go about using it. Its uses are so broad and so extensive that I suspect its manufacturer just gave up trying to cram everything onto the tiny box and instead just list some of the most important properties (see picture earlier), but to me these don't really apply yet since I am not getting any wrinkles before I hit 20 years old. Thank god for that.

So I chanced upon MindBodyGreen that shares with us ten ways to use argan oil, and I picked those that I think are more pertinent to myself, like the cracked heels, the hair remedy as well as for my lashes (for this I heard it from my friend hehe xD).


So basically I squeezed a few drops onto a cotton pad and rub it into my heel till it is more or less absorbed according to my own feelings and left it there. I repeated the same thing for both heels at night and wore a pair of thin cotton socks (that cost only 40cents bahaha) to prevent oiling my bed.

To be perfectly honest, I am such a dunderhead nowadays that I forget to use the oil every night, so because of that, the results were not so obvious, and on the second morning after application, I was actually surprised that my heel feel softer, but the skin peeled even further. I suppose that it is part of the skin renewal, isn't it? If the older skin were to remain, my heel will never become soft again.

Anyways, I do see the potential of argan oil on redeeming my cracked heels after feeling my heels soften, but since the oil is really expensive, I thought it would be too grand of me to just waste it on my heels where people won't ever see. Hence I decided to replace that with...

Organix moroccan argan oil
with Organix's moroccan argan oil lotion instead. I suppose that the effect would be diluted, but then it is still moroccan argan oil and too bad for my heels, that is the most they are going to get. xD

Organix moroccan argan oil lotion
As for the Serum, I saved it to use it on my hair and on my eyelashes. I heard that using it on eyelashes will let us have longer and denser eyelashes, and hence I tried it for a period of time and even though the effect is not instantaneous, I am really amazed by something else.

I am not sure if you guys have oily eye lids, so when you wake up in the morning you feel this uncomfortable moisture on your eyes (basically your whole face, but boy, those are eyelids we are talking about!) I was partially worried that using the oil on my eye lashes, which would no doubt touch my eyelids and under-eye area will make them incredibly oily and it would give me a lot of trouble trying to wash the oil off, but it did not

In fact, what is amazing is that there was just the usual amount of oil on my lids, and if possible, marginally less. The sensitive area around my eyes did not feel so dry and taut but moisturized and softer, and when I washed my face, I actually did not feel much oil around my eyes. I was really surprised and  impressed by such a property of a oil: it does not cause your face to oil up (too much).

I would have loved to show you guys a photo of my eyelashes (alas, they have not grown much!), but I have no idea how I am supposed to take a photo of my eye with the lashes in clear view, not to mention that my mom isn't very helpful when it comes to photos. So, no photos for my dear readers, I am so sorry!

I have also used it once or twice on my skin, and despite the initial oiliness that it might cause your skin, it gets absorbed in a few minutes and the skin feels softer and not that oily, but more moist, I suppose? 

Currently, I am going to use this product on my hair, and yes there will be another post to update you guys on how it went, and hopefully I will get some good pictures to show you all, kay?

In the mean time, I strongly encourage you fans of argan oil to head over to https://www.facebook.com/BestArganOil and like their page because they are frequently carrying out giveaways, rewarding their fans with argan oil, and who knows, you might just be the lucky winner!

Thanks for reading and keep safe! :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Do drop me a comment below about anything at all related to my blog and I will every effort to reply you at the first moment! Cheers and thank you for reading!